MyHyundai app offers easy and convenient access to your Bluelink-enabled Hyundai vehicle information from the smartphone.
Bluelink technology is responsible for connecting your phone to your Hyundai vehicle. With the mobile app, you can remotely perform basic vehicle procedures such as locking/unlocking your vehicle and accessing owner resources.
If MyHyundai app is not working, you have to ensure that you’ve set it up properly in the first place.
How do I set up MyHyundai app?
The first step towards setting up the app is purchasing a subscription to the Hyundai Bluelink services.
A trial period is offered, and once it is over, each of the three packages is available for $99/year or $9.90/month.
- Connected Care: Provides everything you need to take care of your Hyundai, including service scheduling, diagnostic alerts, and a Monthly Vehicle Health Report, among others.
- Remote: With the Remote Start with Climate Control, you can heat up or cool the interior. You can also lock/unlock your vehicle’s doors remotely.
- Guidance: This package is ideal for drivers who travel to new places they are unfamiliar with. Mark your favourite locations and save them to your car from MyHyundai.com.
After selecting a Hyundai Bluelink subscription, the second step is activating it to utilize the features as per the package. To do so:
- Turn on the navigation system.
- Scroll sideways on the Multimedia menu, and select Bluelink.
- Go to Bluelink Settings from the main display screen.
- Select Activate Bluelink.
MyHyundai is not working after setting it up
If you’ve set up the app correctly, as I’ve explained above, but it isn’t working, there are a couple of fixes you can apply.
1. Check your internet connection
Whether mobile data or Wi-Fi, you need a stable internet connection to use the app.
Try using a more stable network. For routers, ensure the internet is stable enough.
2. The app may have a temporal bug issue
Bugs and glitches do occur. The app is not opening, unresponsive, some features are missing, etc., are some examples of bugs and glitches.
The most common way to fix this is by:
- Restating the application. To do this, close the app and make sure it is not running in the background. Launch it again.
- Clear the cache memory of the app from the settings. The procedure may be different depending on the version of the operating system on your device.
For Android users: Go to Settings > Apps > MyHyundai app > Clear Cache.
For iOS users: Open Settings > General > MyHyundai > iPhone Storage > Offload App.
You should then download and install the app again.
3. Uninstall and then reinstall MyHyundai app
From the settings, uninstall MyHyundai, then go to the Playstore or Appstore; depending on the version of the operating system you are using, the procedure may vary and install the App again.
For Android users: Go to Settings > Apps > MyHyundai app > Uninstall.
You should then wait for the app to uninstall before you can download it and install it again from the Play Store.
For iOS users: Open Settings > General > MyHyundai > iPhone Storage > Offload App. You should then install MyHyundai app again from the App Store.
4. Update MyHyundai app
From your respective application manager, Playstore, or Appstore., check for an update on MyHyundai and install the update.
If these methods do not work for you, the only other option for a bug-related problem is to wait on the developers to fix the issue.
MyHyundai Bluelink isn’t working
it is advisable to note your Hyundai’s model and whether it supports Bluelink Technology features. According to CarsDirect, Bluelink support for older models is discontinued, per a letter sent to dealerships.
If, after purchasing a Bluelink subscription, MyHyundai Bluelink is not working, try resetting the application.
From the MyHyundai:
- Go to Bluelink Settings.
- Select Bluelink.
- Select Deactivate Bluelink.
- Tap Reset to factory settings.
- Close and open the application again.
If this doesn’t work, contact the Hyundai customer support centre by calling 855-2-BLUELINK or 855-225-8354.
Can I deactivate Bluelink services?
It is possible to deactivate Bluelink services if you no longer need them. To do this:
- Terminate your Bluelink subscription using the Bluelink app. Go to Account>Terminate My Account.
- Reset Bluelink to factory settings, then select Deactivate Bluelink.