Noom app users have experienced a range of issues, such as the app not showing calories or getting stuck on the loading screen. In some instances, the audio lessons stopped working completely.
If you have been experiencing any of these issues, there is no need to worry anymore. You have come to the right place.
In this article, I’ll share my experience troubleshooting the Noom app as well as other methods that I’ve found to work from research.
Fix 1: Check your Wi-Fi or data connection
The most common reason for the Noom app not working is unstable internet. For example, when the network is slow, or the signal strength is poor, your Noom app will not be able to download data from the server as required.
To troubleshoot network issues:
- Disconnect your data and then reconnect it back.
- Restart your phone or router.
Once you’ve tried the steps above, launch the Noom app to see if the problem was fixed. If you are using a data connection, try switching to a high-speed Wi-Fi connection, as it may be faster.
Fix 2: Check your device’s sound and notification settings
This step works if you are not getting notification alerts. Often, you will find that the notifications don’t show because you haven’t enabled them on your device.
To enable them on iOS:
- Go to Settings and tap Apps and Notifications.
- Tap the Noom app, and confirm if the Notifications and Sound settings are enabled.
- If not, enable them by sliding the slider ON.
If you are on Android:
- Launch Settings.
- Go to Notifications.
- Select App Settings.
- Select Noom.
- Toggle the notifications slider ON.
Fix 3: Reboot your device
If Noom is unresponsive or you keep getting a white or blank screen, performing a soft reset on your device may be necessary to fix the issue.
- Firmly press the volume up and the power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds (or until the phone vibrates).
- Your phone should restart.
- Launch Noom.
Fix 4: Update the version of your Noom app
Due to new technological advancements, the Noom app is constantly updated with the latest features and data to keep users up to date with the latest developments.
Using an outdated version of the Noom app causes it to crash frequently.
However, you can easily update your Noom app on your Google Play or Apple Store through these steps:
- On the App Store or Google Play Store’s search bar, type “Noom app” and tap on it when it appears on the search list.
- Tap the Update icon next to the Noom icon.
- Allow some time for your app to finish installing the latest updates.
- Restart your device, then launch your Noom app to check when the issue was solved.
Fix 5: Increase storage space by clearing the cache and data
Phone cache literary comprises temporary files that your web and app store when you use them.
Keeping such data can cause low storage space on your device and make Noom crash frequently.
Deleting the cache data will not erase your personal details but will help free up excess space used, increasing the speed and performance of Noom.
- Go to Settings and then tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on the Noom app and then tap Storage.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Repeat the same process for all the other apps on your phone.
Fix 7: Uninstall and reinstall your Noom app
Lastly, you can fix your Noom app not working issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the app as follows.
- Go to Google Play or App Store on your device and search for the Noom app.
- Tap Uninstall and allow some time for the app to finish uninstalling.
- Go back to Google Play and search for the Noom app.
- Tap the Install icon, and allow enough time for installation to be complete.
- Restart your device for the changes to take effect.
- Launch Noom and log in with your credentials.
- Go to your app Menu and tap “Settings”.
- Then select Updates and tap the “Check Now” icon.
- Tap “OK” once the updates are done.
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Noom app;
Is Noom app free?
Noom gives you a 14-day free trial to feel what the app offers. After that, you will need to decide whether you want to continue accessing their services by subscribing.
Why is my Noom app not working?
Many reasons can cause your Noom app not to function. They include:
- An unstable network connection
- An outdated Noom app version
- Low storage space or even problems with your device.
Does Noom charge a one-time fee?
Noom offers two subscription options for its customers.
You can choose the monthly plan at $60/mo or the yearly membership at $ 199.
Is the Noom site down?
To check whether Noom is down, go to their official social media sites, such as Twitter or Facebook, to get the latest updates on maintenance or fix dates.