You have been watching Fox News via the app without issues. But when you open the app again, you get a message – error occurred, try back later.
In other cases, you may try logging in to your account but cannot pass through the sign-in page, despite providing the right username and password.
Users have also experienced an issue whereby they get blocked from accessing specific content via the Fox News app. So, what should you do when the Fox News app is not working?
From our research, these are the best solutions when the Fox News app isn’t working.
1. Check your internet connection
A slow or intermittent internet connection might cause the app not to load, buffer, or get stuck on the loading screen.
To really know if your internet is behind the Fox News app not working, troubleshoot it as follows:
- Conduct a speed test and ensure you have a download speed of at least 1Mbps.
- Perform a power cycle on all your connected devices, including the router, modem, and streaming device.
- Use mobile data instead of Wi-Fi and vice versa. For example, if you stream on a Smart TV, connect to the internet directly using the Ethernet cable.
- You can also shorten the distance between your streaming device and router or modem to improve signal strength.
If you still have unstable internet, contact your ISP for further assistance.
2. Fixing Fox News playback issues on Roku
If the Fox News channel is not working on Roku, you can troubleshoot the issue as follows:
- Restart your router and modem.
- Restart your Roku device by going to Home > Settings > System > Power > System Restart.
- Exit the Fox News channel on Roku and ensure it isn’t running in the background. Then, open the channel and see if you can watch the news.
- Remove the channel by highlighting the tile. Then, press the star button on your remote to open the Options menu. Once it opens, select Remove channel and confirm your selection. You will have to reinstall the channel and try again.
You must log in to access the content if you reinstall the channel.
3. Troubleshooting the Fox News app on Apple TV
Another issue with the Fox News app that is more prevalent on Apple TV than on other platforms is whereby the app crashes or videos do not load.
You can troubleshoot it as follows:
- Check your Apple TV model: The Fox News app is available on Apple TV, enabled with tvOS software for 4th generation models or later.
- Reset the DNS (Domain Name System): This helps to improve playback. Also, resetting the DNS can help fix an issue whereby you get an interruption between an episode on Fox News and the commercial break.
Here is how to reset Apple TV DNS:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Network.
- Click Ethernet or Wi-Fi network.
- Select Configure DNS.
- At this point, change the option to Manual from Automatic.
You can now set the DNS for Apple TV as 18.104.22.168.
4. Troubleshooting the Fox News app on Fire Stick
Fire Stick users have reported the Fox News app not showing any content or saying ‘your provider is unavailable’.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot Fox News on Fire Stick:
- Clear the Fox News app cache or data and restart your Firestick.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Fox News app on your Fire Stick.
- Update your Fire Stick software and the Fox News app. You can do this by going to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates.
If the above steps don’t work, you should restore Fire Stick to factory defaults.
- Go to Settings.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Choose Reset to Factory Defaults.
After the reset, set up your Fire Stick, download the Fox News app, and try again.
5. Authenticate the Fox News app
Generally, you require an updated subscription with a TV provider to access content on the Fox News app.
This means you must authenticate the app before proceeding. Otherwise, you may encounter a problem whereby you cannot watch Fox News using a specific provider, or the Fox News app is blocked.
Do the following:
- Uninstall the app from your device and reinstall it.
- Launch the app and select your TV provider.
- Log in using your TV provider’s login details to watch Fox News live.
You may also get an error with a message that reads – Sorry, you do not currently have access to this channel. Unfortunately, that means you are being blocked from watching live TV.
The issue is from your TV provider and not Fox News. Therefore, contact your cable provider for information on your subscription. Additionally, your subscription could have expired or does not cover Fox News.
Also, if you cannot log in with DIRECTV NOW, the problem is not on your side. That is because DIRECTV NOW does not partner with Fox News Go.
Therefore, you will need to contact DIRECTV NOW for information on how to watch the Fox News Channel.