Accessing all the important features of your phone right from your car’s infotainment system or computer can be important. However, it is worth noting that some of these features are disabled as a safety measure while driving.
If you feel that there is that one app on your phone that you would like to have on your computer or car entertainment system, there are apps that can help with that. Below are some of the best MirrorLink apps for Android.
1. AirDroid Cast
AirDroid is a screen mirroring app that is an ideal tool for individual and corporate users.
You can mirror your mobile screen onto larger displays, such as computers and laptops.
Follow the steps below to use AirDroid Cast:
- Install AirDroid Cast from the Play Store.
- Go to the device you’d like to mirror on, launch the browser, visit AirDroid Cast’s website and download a compatible app.
- Click the Try It Free button if you don’t have a premium version.
- Follow the same process on any other device you would like to install the app.
- Launch the app on both devices and follow the prompts to install and mirror.
LetsView is a free screen mirroring app with great wireless mirroring capabilities.
To install this app:
- Download and install LetsView from the Play Store on your Android phone.
- Visit Let’sView.com on the device you’d like to cast to and select a compatible app under Products.
- Install it on your device.
- Launch the app on both devices.
- Follow the prompts and connect the two devices before you can cast.
3. Google Home
Google Home is completely free and comes with casting functionality. This functionality allows you to play music, stream videos, and display anything from your phone on your PC or TV.
But to use Google Home to cast, you need a Chromecast-enabled device. You can enable Chromecast on your PC through the Chrome browser or use a physical Chromecast device on your TV.
Once done, follow these steps:
- Connect your Android phone and your Chromecast-enabled device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch Google Home on your Android device
- Let it scan available devices. Select your preferred device.
- Tap Cast, then select Cast Screen.
- Play your preferred video, and it will cast to the other device.
4. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop is built on Google’s secure infrastructure using the latest open web technologies like WebRTC. This enables you to access other devices on the same network more quicker and easier.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your phone, launch Chrome.
- Click More on the top right corner (three vertical dots).
- Select the device you would like to cast to.
- Tap Cast.
If you are looking to help someone fix a computer screen or if you wish to connect to a computer far from where you are, then give TeamViewer a try.
TeamViewer is a great app to compress data to save up on bandwidth, only transmitting information when there are changes in the activity on the screen. This ensures stability and quality are at their highest.
To view another device on your Android phone right on TeamViewer, follow these steps:
- Install TeamViewer on the Android phone and the other device.
- Launch the app; an ID will show.
- Ask the other party to enter the ID from their end.
- You should see an alert message prompting you to share your screen.
- Tap Allow.
You should now be able to view the other party’s screen.
6. Pioneer Mirrorlink app for Android
Pioneer Smart Sync is designed to connect your Android smartphone to a Pioneer-compatible car stereo. With the app, you can use apps that are safe to use while driving in the car.
With the app, you’ll get the following:
- Support for multi-sources allows you the flexibility of playing media from different devices.
- Smooth touch functionality, which is useful while driving.
- One-touch call feature.
- A Vehicle Performance Monitor complete with diagnostic codes and troubleshooting mechanisms for your car.
- Lots of useful information, such as average speed and fuel consumption.
It is important to note that not all of these benefits may differ depending on the model of the stereo system.
However, having the latest and up-to-date hardware from Pioneer is advisable to enjoy most, if not all, of the stated benefits.
7. MirrorLink for Samsung
There is no need to install a third-party application because the MirrorLink feature is built into most Samsung smartphones.
To link your Samsung phone to the display in your car:
- Check for the MirrorLink app on your car’s stereo.
- From your Samsung smartphone, select the Mirrorlink option.
- Wait for it to connect to your car’s infotainment system.
- Cast any app directly to the car’s stereo.
Remember that the Samsung phone you are attempting to link to the car screen must be compatible with that specific car screen for it to work.
8. Mirrorlink app for Volkswagen
For Volkswagen, Mirrorlink is integrated into the Discover Media, Discover Pro, and Ready 2 Discover navigation systems and the Composition (Media) radio system.
Your mobile phone must support the latest Android versions if you wish to access apps for you to cast apps.
To use Volkswagen MirrorLink:
- Download MirrorLink on your Android phone.
- Power on your car
- Launch the app on your Android phone.
- Follow the prompts to pair it with your car’s infotainment system.
You should be able to MirrorLink apps to your car’s stereo system right from your Android phone.